Welcome to New Zealand Latin Awards
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of New Zealand Latin Awards Website and competition.
New Zealand Latin Awards is located at:
8022 – Canterbury , New Zealand
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions in full. Do not continue to use New Zealand Latin Awards’s website if you do not accept all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The New Zealand Latin Awards recognise and celebrate
Latin Americans and their work and contribution here in NZ.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to our Company. “NZLAs” refers to New Zealand Latin Awards. New Zealand Latin Awards competition is organized by South Media Group. “Latin American” refers to those who are originally from Latin America. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings of a fixed duration, or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of New Zealand. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Rules for registration, selection and voting.
The NZLAs are divided into 4 main categories and a special category:
Art and Culture, Sport, Entertainment, Business and Hospitality, in addition to a special category called Latin Attitude. In each category, the community can register to occupy a position on the final payroll to choose the winners. Registration are made on the NZLAs website (www.nzla.co.nz) through the form provided.
Those who will be eligible as nominees, in each of the areas, disciplines, or categories, people, entities, institutions or artists must have sufficient evidence to prove that their nomination is sustainable.
Any person associated to South Media Group or NZLA’s team, committee or jury are exempts to participate in the competition of NZLA.
Once the registration date is finished, our jury team will review each of the registration received, based in the information provided to us. Any incomplete or misleading information will be discarded automatically from NZLA. This competition is exclusively for Latin Americans and non Latin Americans legally residing in New Zealand.
The NZLA jury team reserve the right and criteria of selection.
All participants must comply with the requirements established by Immigration New Zealand to legally operate their businesses and stay in the country. The evaluation committee will request this information from each of the nominees. Failure to meet this requirement will automatically put the nominee out of the competition.
Registration for non Latin Americans
Non Latin American people could be registered only in the following categories and subcategories:
Arts and Culture
- Cultural Managers or Promoters
Business and Hospitality
- Bar – Restaurant
- Take Away – Food Truck
- Coffee Shop – Gelatery – Bakery
Definition of Latin America
Latin America (Spanish: América Latina or Latinoamérica; Portuguese: América Latina; French: Amérique latine) is the region of the Americas where Romance languages (i.e., those derived from Latin)—particularly Spanish and Portuguese, as well as French—are primarily spoken.
It includes more than 20 nations: Mexico in North America; Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama in Central America; Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Chile, French Guiana, Paraguay, Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay in South America; Cuba, the Dominican Republic, Haiti, and Puerto Rico in the Caribbean—in summary, Hispanic America, Brazil, and Haiti.
Categories and Subcategories
Arts and Culture category, nominees may belong to the following subcategories as:
- Literary Art
- Visual Arts
- Performing Arts (Theatre)
- Performing Arts (Dance)
- Dance Academies
- Musical Art
- Cinema Audio-visual Arts
- TV Audio-visual Arts
- Cultural Managers or Promoters *
* In this category can participate those who reside partially or permanently in New Zealand. Latin Americans or people of other nationalities can participate in this category, as well as organizations or institutions that cultivate and/or promote Latin American culture in New Zealand.
Details for each sub categories mentioned above
- Literary essay
- Literature for children and young people.
- Engraving and Drawing
- Media arts
- Graphic Design and Illustration
Performing Arts (Theater)
- Acting (Actor)
- Acting (Actress)
Performing Arts (Dance)
- Classical Music
- Traditional or Folklore Root
- Pop or Ballad
- Alternative Rock or Jazz
- Musical Performance
Cinema Audiovisual Arts
- Film Fiction Direction
- Acting (Actor)
- Acting (Actress)
- Documentary Cinema Director
- Salsa, Cumbia, Bachata and Reggaeton Academy
- Ballet Academy
- Tango Academy
- Academy of Modern and Contemporary dance
- Academy of Folk Dance
TV Audiovisual Arts
- Dramatic Genre Direction
- Acting (Actor)
- Acting (Actress)
- Television Program Director
Cultural Managers or Promoters
- Cultural manager/promoter is understood as a professional who, motivated by the concern and interest in culture, and regardless of the area of knowledge of his academic training, chooses to promote, encourage, design and cultivate Latin American culture in New Zealand.
Entertainment category, nominees may belong to the following categories:
- Radio Programs
- Programs on Youtube / Youtubers / Facebook Live
- Event producers
- Best Latino Event
Business and Hospitality category nominees may belong to the following sub categories such as:
- Bar – Restaurant
- Take Away – Food Truck
- Coffee Shop – Gelatery – Bakery
- Business Owner *
* In this subcategory, all those business owners who may be associated with previous categories are exempt.
* Business owner (Latin American’s companies in different areas such as construction, lodging, real estate, recruitment, English schools, architecture, etc.)
Sport category nominees may belong to the following sub categories such as:
- Team or Sports Team (Soccer, Basketball, Rugby, Volleyball, Handball, Baseball, etc)
- Sportsman of the Year (Tennis Player, Football player, Rugby Player, Shearer, etc)
This special category recognizes people from other nationalities (not from Latin America) who have an important presence in the development of Latin American culture, which can be transversal to any category mentioned above.
This is an open category for Latin Americans which work or activity is not listed on any other category described above.
General nominees rule
In each one of the categories, the nominees must prove that they are eligible to participate. Their background must be submitted to the evaluation commission if required. The proof could be delivered in different formats: videos, CDs, YouTube links, Spotify profiles, books, publications on the artists’ websites or social media, etc.
Voting for nominees
Choosing finalists and winners
The aforementioned subcategories can be modified or adjusted by the evaluation commission in order to facilitate the voting system of each of them.
This will be replicated in each of the major categories. The commission will accept suggestions and adjustments in each of the categories, up to 10 days after the official launch of the finalists but reserves the right to make changes.
The finalists will be chosen by the jury team to be part of the grand finale. Once the jury has made the decision, we will notify the nominee by email.
Finally, the election of the winners is carried out by popular vote, through the forms that will be available on our page and we culminate this event with a Latin party, to celebrate with the entire Latin community of New Zealand.
Each participant accepts the rules, terms and conditions of the New Zealand Latin Awards.
Unless otherwise stated, New Zealand Latin Awards and/or it’s licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on New Zealand Latin Awards. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view and/or print pages from https://www.nzla.co.nz/ for your own personal use subject to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from https://www.nzla.co.nz/
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from https://www.nzla.co.nz/
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from https://www.nzla.co.nz/
Redistribute content from New Zealand Latin Awards (unless content is specifically made for redistribution).
Hyperlinking to our Content
- The following organizations may link to our Web site without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
- Online directory distributors when they list us in the directory may link to our Web site in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Web sites of other listed businesses; and
- Systemwide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Web site.
- These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
- We may consider and approve in our sole discretion other link requests from the following types of organizations:
- commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources such as Chambers of Commerce, American Automobile Association, AARP and Consumers Union;
- dot.com community sites;
- associations or other groups representing charities, including charity giving sites,
- online directory distributors;
- internet portals;
- accounting, law and consulting firms whose primary clients are businesses; and
- educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we determine that: (a) the link would not reflect unfavorably on us or our accredited businesses (for example, trade associations or other organizations representing inherently suspect types of business, such as work-at-home opportunities, shall not be allowed to link); (b)the organization does not have an unsatisfactory record with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility associated with the hyperlink outweighs the absence of ; and (d) where the link is in the context of general resource information or is otherwise consistent with editorial content in a newsletter or similar product furthering the mission of the organization.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and it products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are among the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must notify us by sending an e-mail to [email protected]. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information (such as a phone number and/or e-mail address) as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Web site, and a list of the URL(s) on our site to which you would like to link. Allow 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Web site as follows:
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator (Web address) being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our Web site or material being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of New Zealand Latin Awards’s logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around our Web pages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Web site.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Web site. You agree to immediately remove all links to our Web site upon such request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to our Web site, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our Web site or any linked web site objectionable for any reason, you may contact us about this. We will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond directly to you.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
We shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your Web site. You agree to indemnify and defend us against all claims arising out of or based upon your Website. No link(s) may appear on any page on your Web site or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill). Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or in relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.